The Yearly Leap
Every new year I try to post a small something; this year is no different. Every new year I think of what may change, but later at the close of the year not much has; this year is very different. What makes the change? I have yet to figure that out besides God's timing, not even the littlest thing changes until He decides it’s time. And we are left blinking trying to figure out what happened and so fast too! Another year has swept away quickly and 2017 is upon us, what does it hold, how much is going to change, well the Lord call any of us home?
In my New Years post last year I was amazed at God’s handiwork in 2015, I had no clue that He would continue to work throughout the beginning of 2016! After wondering for a short bit why God brought me so far from home to teach school, I received my answer in late March. Looking back it is amazing to see how the Lord led Josiah Kensinger and I together, in so many ways we could have “just missed” each other. We started dating April 1st and it has been the highlight of my year, publishing a post to announce our relationship was the best one I’ve published yet! ;) We have really enjoyed getting to know each other these last nine months, to know his heart in such a way no one else does has been an amazing experience! I love being Josiah’s girlfriend, besides the gift if salvation he’s the best thing that ever happened to me!
Once I came home this past spring, getting adjusted to life at home again was a bit of a challenge. By late summer I felt “back into it” but missed teaching and my students very much; I’m afraid I still do! But now I am busy with many projects at home and can probably excuse my silent blog on just not enough time in a day, and the fact that social media (Instagram, google+) is easier and quicker to post something on. I decided to make google+ my blog and all posts on there will be linked to here, hopefully that well help with the less then 10 posts a year problem. So on my lists of projects I put “update my blog” and have been faithfully working on it for a couple of days. Those that have the web version probably noticed the different background and a couple other changes, and everyone can see the new banner on the top. I have a few ideas on posts for the coming year, gifts of thanks posts, the story of how God led Josiah and I together, scriptures and quotes, and other random interesting things in life.
Happy New Year and may you experience the love and Joy of the Lord in the coming year. His love is unending and He wants us to live joyfully, expecting great things from Him, even in the hard times of life. “In Christ no matter the road, the storm, the story, we always know the outcome. Our Savior: surrounds. Our future: secure. Our joy: certain.”

Comments
Post a Comment