Fall in Ohio!
Fall in Ohio! Yes it is now December and I'm running a little late, but I wanted to post pictures of the beauty of a northeast fall, and some of my classroom fall decor. The past few months has totally changed my thought of the season called fall. Living in Oklahoma you don't get the true season of fall. Sometimes you jump right into winter, and you most certainly do not have the true fall colors and falling leaves, at least not in my part of the state. Now that I have spent one fall in Ohio I have come to love it! Nice crisp days, pumpkin, the smell of fall in the air, hayrides, standing outside and having leaves fall all around you, the beautiful brilliant colors, the cozy feeling that winter is coming, picking upteen leaves off your car after parking it at school all day, leaves several inches deep in the yard, and my favorite was the annual leaf racking at church and supper afterwards. Now that all the trees are bare and ugly and fall is past, I now understand what mom means by a true northeast fall.
![]() |
| The blue house in the left is where I live...upstairs in a little bedroom thats all my own. :) The church and school is just in the other side of the hill. |
Everyday I have some of my children tell something they are thankful for. We write it on the chalkboard in the above picture and I also record it in a notebook. They come up with some interesting gifts of thanks, here are some examples.....eyeglasses, a teacher, recess, flowers, wallets, pigs, communication (and that one was from a 2nd grader!), spelling tests, stop signs, hard chairs, letters, hair, mom's cooking, school subjects, old people, tongues, books on amish, generations, Basiliscs Lizard (also from a 2nd grader), thanksgiving, dotted lines, pictures to color, shoes, a voice to sing.



Comments
Post a Comment