One Month Ago Today.....
One month ago today I celebrated another birthday.
Most people look forward to their birthdays and some don’t, I felt like my last
one could have past unnoticed. That evening after the gifts had been unwrapped,
the candles blown out, and party décor put away the full realization of it hit
me and I was regretting not taking several people’s advice and try teaching
this year. I would always smile and say
I didn’t think I would ever teach, a couple of my friends could even list my reasons
for NEVER wanting to teach.
I’m busy at home, my family could use me here, I
enjoying being here and helping in our church community but at the same time I
felt God was saying there’s something more I want you to do, yet I knew the
right time had not come because He had not given me a peace about anything.
Sometimes I wondered why He hadn’t shown anything, and I almost was going to do
something but there was always a check and I wondered how much longer, what is
the point of all this. Little did I know He was about to show me and did so very
quickly; in less than one month’s time!
To be honest
teaching was like totally off my list until the days leading up to my birthday,
it had popped in my head and I realized I was slowly having a change of heart.
That night as I talked with mom I decided next year (2016) I would try teaching, I so wished I had made my decision sooner so I could have possibly taught this
year. Unknown to me the next morning Mom contacted friends that work with
church day schools, next thing I knew I was packing my bags for Arkansas to
attend a week of Christian Light Education Teachers Training and a warning that
even though its late in the year I MAY get a school to teach at. In the midst of
lectures on classroom management, discipline, parent/teacher meetings, learning
how to teach reading, what’s really the heart of education, slow/difficult learners,
staying up till eleven o’clock every night doing homework, great discussion
time, sharing “teacher ideas”, feeling like you can’t fit one more thing in
your mind, and getting to know a great group of teachers, I knew THIS was what
I wanted to do! Even though in the past it was something I never considered I
come to the decision I would love to teach and so hoped a school would come up!
Maybe some other time I’ll write about the following two
weeks, but after calls from four different schools, I believe I have accepted
one that God had in mind the whole time. I only had two weeks from the time
school starts to get ready but I believe it will all come together, why would
it not? For God to bring a school along this year when I really wanted to teach
and trusted that if it was His Will one would come, and for one to come so
close to the first day of school, I know August 31st everything that
needs to be done well be, and 6 excited but nervous little students well begin
their first day of school!

Comments
Post a Comment