I'll Pray Again - Symphonic Version

Recently I came across this song and it has become one of my favorites.  Some of the words are so fitting for the season in my life right now, and are a reminder to continue praying no matter what the circumstances are like. The following words stood out to me the most….

“…..But if you’ll read in the Bible page after page, you’ll see that He’s there and He’ll never forsake. Surrender your life is all you must do. You’ll begin to see God’s point of view, He’s there to change you. 
[Chorus] You’ll pray again, you’ll kneel again; you’ll knock on the door asking for more. Strength for the fight, peace in the night, trusting by faith the answer He’ll send. You’ll pray again….”

I have found the first part to be so true; the last few months my Bible has gained many new highlighted and underlined verses. Verses that had never stood out to me before are there to comfort and guide in the trial or struggle I’m facing that very day. I have been so blessed by many verses in the Bible, devotional book readings, devotionals in my inbox, songs, and texts from dear friends’ right when I need them. Repeatedly God has reminded me that He sees everything and cares.
Surrender has been another thing the Lord has been showing me the last few months. At times its daily giving up things I want, leaving the future to God, realizing that mom’s health is in His hands, etc. everything must be surrendered to God. I’m beginning to understand what it means to go the way of the cross; “When the will of God crosses the will of man, somebody has to die” (Addison L.).  Jim Elliot, one of my favorite writers once said “The will of God is always a bigger thing than we bargain for”, it’s not an easy thing but a beautiful thing when a person lets God do to their life what He wills.
Psalm 55:22A stood out to me recently, “cast thy burden upon the Lord….” I looked up cast in the Hebrew and it means to throw out, down or away, my favorite was to hurl. It gave me an exact picture of what we are supposed to do; throw, hurl our burden upon the Lord. Once we do that
we’ll be able to have “strength for the fight, peace in the night, trusting by faith the answer He’ll send”. No matter what it looks or feels like, one day an answer for everything well be
given and it well be the very best for us!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter in Ohio

Wedding Pictures Part Three/Reception

Anniversary Trip