Safe in the Storm
Literally overnight I went from being busy all the
time, and having hardly any spare time to all the free time I could ever want.
I have more free time now than I did before I left home, but I think once I get
back into being home I’ll become a little more busier again. With so much free
time I’ve been able to read and study more. I’ve been struggling through a few
things, so it has been a blessing to study more and find the Lord’s will. It
has also helped me to draw closer to the Lord and learn more about who He is.
I was reading in Beside
the Still Waters devotional booklet, the scripture reading was in Matt.
6:30-52; about the feeding of the 5,000 and when Jesus walked on water. The
writer of the devotional wrote something that stood out to me, ”…[Jesus] saw
His disciples struggling against the wind and waves. Jesus did not rush to
their aid, but spent the night in prayer, knowing they were safe
in the storm.”
Safe in the
storm. Even though I feel “safe in
the calm” this is something I want to remember! When our “storms” of life seem
terribly hard and dark, the Lord sees us and knows we are safe in the storm! Safe in
the storm! That seems beyond our human comprehension, we do not
think we are safe but lost and alone, with the Lord so far away that we don’t
hear/feel Him. Yet we can take comfort that He sees us, is praying for us, and
knows that we are safe in the storm.
Comments
Post a Comment