Siding the House

It has been a very long time since I’ve posted anything on only the house. I didn’t mean for that much time to go by, but I wanted to wait until the outside was almost finished so I’d have a “finished” picture :) We still have a few things to do before we can say the outside is officially done….there’s the trim around the doors to paint, facial board to put up and paint in the back, and the back porch ceiling to paint. The front is basically done besides floodlights which well come later.

 It took us almost two months to get the siding up and painted, I don’t think we anticipated it taking that long but with different things that came up it took longer than we thought. After the house leaked right before we left on our trip in June, we decided it was time to stop all other inside work and just finish up the outside. It is so nice to hear the rain beat against the windows and not have to worry about it coming in! John Nolt let Andrew use his scissors lift while he was on a trip, so that helped to get things moving pretty quick. Andrew was determined to have both sides sided and painted before John got back, and he met his goal! Caleigh and I did the rest of the painting so Andrew could hang lights and move back inside to start sheet rocking again. We love how the outside looks, just like a cabin. Sometimes coming up the driveway I have to remind myself “yes this is home and yes we built it”. I never would have thought that one day we’d live in a house that looks just like the ones we used to drive by and state “don’t you like that house? If we ever build I want it to look like that one”.    


Caleigh was Andrew’s main helper especially in the scissors lift as I don’t like heights :)

This was before the scissors lift...




After a long afternoon and evening working this was how mom found Andrew
This little girl, as well as all the other children, enjoyed rides on the lift.




Believe it or not they really did finish the top half in the dark and didn't miss anything! The top half of this side was also sided in the dark yet Dad and Andrew were able to keep it all straight :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter in Ohio

Wedding Pictures Part Three/Reception

Anniversary Trip