Challenges
“Out of the booming thunder and pelting rain on my
window, the sound of tricking water startled me out of my deep thoughts. After
lying in bed awake for two hours wondering why in the world I couldn’t go to
sleep I got my answer; my room was literally being flooded and needed some
attention. After things were moved and insulation peeled away, 4 to 5 steady
streams of water were found pouring off the “windowsill” making a huge puddle
on the floor and then trickling down to my parent’s room. For a few moments I
was in disbelief to see so much water pouring in; cleaning up was just about
useless, water poured in faster than I could clean it up. As I removed more
water soaked insulation I had to wonder when we would be past this. Would I always
be peeling wet insulation out, when would we ever be able to drywall safely? I
also thought that Andrew had no business doing anything else on the house till
the siding is finished:), and how in the world do we leave town in a few days
with so many chances of rain?
Hours later my clock reads quarter to six, all the
water in my room and my parent’s is cleaned up and it has finally stopped
raining. Thank goodness for shop vac’s, Caleigh and I ended up sucking the
water up as it came through. Finally I was able to go to sleep, but first I thanked
the Lord that I was up to catch the mess before it soaked all the boxes in my
room, and I made a mental note to be up at ten-thirty.”
The last few weeks have brought a few challenges along
the pathway; different things in life and with the house. Sometimes the latter
gets discouraging, especially after the above happened Monday morning. Everything
is done the way it’s supposed to be but something still happens; we take two steps
forward and then five back. Pray that the Lord well grant us patience, wisdom
for everything that comes up, speed in finishing our house, and most
important that it doesn’t “rain” in the house this weekend.
Don’t Quit—“When things
go wrong as they sometimes will. When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill
when you’re felling low and the stress is high, and you want to smile but you
have to sigh. When worries are getting you down a bit….By all means pray—and
don’t you quit. Success is failure turned inside out. God’s hidden gift in the
clouds of doubt. You never can tell how close you are—it may be near when it
seems so far. So trust in the Lord when you’re hardest hit….It’s when things go
wrong that you must not quit.”
Comments
Post a Comment