Arkansas!


This past weekend I had the pleasure of going to Arkansas to visit the Ken Kauffman family. When my mom heard that the John Nolts were going over to visit family, she secretly arranged for me to go along and visit the Kauffmans. When I was finally told I was excited to go, but hated that my whole family couldn’t come with me and rest for a few days as well. Since I couldn’t talk them out of the idea (I didn’t think it was right to go when there’s much work to be done) I went and really enjoyed my time there.

We spent the weekend doing almost a little of everything :) We went on walks, cleared a fence line, tootled around town in an HHR, brought a little heathen child to church, went on a walk that turned into a hike, did devotions together, almost teased Melanie to death as she address envelopes, ministered to a child’s mother, played two square, making a big mess and then cleaning it, visited around the table long after the meal was over, brought a lady from town to the coffee shop, took a drive, and I was again reminded just how blessed we truly are….

Saturday afternoon we cleared this fence line. It used to be so full of brush and brambles that you couldn’t see around the corner; quite the safety hazard when driving, now it not only looks much nicer but its safer too.

This was my favorite spot on the walk/hike Nathaniel took us on; I could spend hours here. It was so quiet and peaceful; the trees over spread above, water running over the rocks, and a cool rock to sit on—perfect.
 

This was when our walk turned into a hike :)

Walking "in" the creek when the bank became to steep. (we just walked on the rocks)


The little girl that Melanie and I brought to church gave me the stickers above. She has never been to church till recently so she doesn’t have any training of sitting during a service. Melanie used stickers to keep her occupied and she gave some to everyone on our bench. I put them on the inside cover of my bible so I would remember to pray for her, and her older brother, who unfortunately was unable to come to church with us.

The best part of the whole trip was ministering to some in the community with Melanie. It wasn’t planned, just things that she does with some of the needy people in town. The best part of the latter was leaving early for church and picking up some people Melanie knows. Unfortunately only the little girl was able to come but when we dropped her off we were able to help her mom who was in need of transportation.         

Melanie and I



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter in Ohio

Wedding Pictures Part Three/Reception

Anniversary Trip