Shingling...Yes It's Finally Done!!

Posted by Chantal

Meet the roofing crew. I have to admit when Andrew talked about the pitch of our roof (11 inch pitch), and the fact that he was going to shingle it, I had insisted he would have a harness, in fact I thought maybe he should have 2! His sisters insisted they would NOT be going up there.
Well, I knew we would HAVE the harness and I knew his sisters would help him, because well, our children stick together, and put their fears aside.
Below you will see the pictures of the roofing process which was interrupted by much cold snowy weather.  You will notice Sarah and Caleigh were up there working alongside their brother. The one thing you will not notice is a harness on anyone.  I however have noticed a few new gray hairs upon my head J


The boy who doesn't read directions, because there someone else’s opinion, is reading directions with his little brother :)
And when he gets on the roof, we look over the directions again :)

Sarah snapped this picture with a cell phone her first time up. This was before the backhoe and this sight rather amused the girls. :)


One square almost done, and only 25 to go, or could you say 64 shingles down, and only 1,616 left to do, no worries!
Andrew sitting in his "office" talking with someone about the chimney parts we need.



Meet our junior roofing crew!
Checking measurements, measure twice, cut once. :)
If you look closely, Ellianna is using her Nail Gun at one end while Joshua is working at the other end.

Here comes some more shingles! I wonder if our junior roofing crew will finish before the "senior" crew does! :)
Uhh..Caleigh you look a little to comfortable up there!



"Now for the chimney"
  


After much fitting and cutting we have a perfect fit.
View from the porch roof.


Andrew I am sure I told you I wouldn't come up this high!

Shingling can be rather boring for those on the ground. :)
Caleigh enjoying a little rooftop lunch:).
See the bird out the end of the ridge? It amused Andrew and Caleigh for a while.
Andrew stated that this was his favorite roofing position :)





"It's the chimney all over again!!"

"Have I mentioned how I so enjoy doing this?"
Talking on the phone...on the ridge!

Now I am sure many of you well say this is a nice picture of my 2 and 3 born children, and yes it is. HOWEVER I am quite sure I instructed Caleigh to stay off the ridge of the house!! Yes, this was taken on the very peak of our well rather steep roof. Oh and by the way, Caleigh your grounded till your 30! :) 

"Andrew is going to roof this house?!?!" Well for those that doubted here it is :))




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter in Ohio

Wedding Pictures Part Three/Reception

Anniversary Trip