Sunday January 5, 2014; a day to rest/recharge
For the last six weeks or so we’ve had winter weather every
other weekend. This weekend we were due for it and sure enough it came. We
thank the Lord that it hit Saturday night after we had finished! But it did
mean some extra work, after lunch Dad, Andrew and I headed out to the house
site; with wind chills at 5 degrees. There was quite a bit of snow in the house
but we only worried about getting it off the wood, especially the upstairs
floor. The latter didn’t have much on it due to the wind which was pretty
strong that day, strong enough that Andrew couldn’t keep a hat on upstairs!
When I rounded the front corner of the house into the extremely cold north wind,
I wondered what we were thinking to build, and on top of a hill at that! At least
we now have a heads up on just how cold it can get up there, though I should
hope Oklahoma remembers where we’re located and not get so cold that often. Leave
it to us to pick when the coldest tempetures hit and frame thenJ.
| While I swept, Andrew used the air hose to blow it all off. |
On Sunday evening the John Nolts came over for a visit. We
discussed what was going to happen on the house before the next batch of rain came
at the end of the week. A lot has to be done for it to be weathered in by then.
The guys were also coming up with some pretty crazy ideas on how to do
something’sJ.
It was an evening filled with relaxation, stories, laughter, and thinking;
about what to do with the houseJ.
Defiantly a break from working on the house! We think we’re going to have the
best neighbor’s yet; church family!
Comments
Post a Comment